We have been getting a LOT of correspondence from interested folks who wonder when they will be able to get a copy of Amigo on DVD. I’m here to answer that question!
While a retail edition of the DVD won’t be available for a while, in the fall of 2012 we will be releasing an educational version, primarily for universities and education professionals. This scholastic edition will be loaded with features and extras, including:
- A Discussion Guide by Theo Gonzalves (Associate Professor of American Studies at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County)
- Discussions of the Philippine/American War and Amigo’s place in film history, by director/screenwriter John Sayles
- Access to the FULL screenplay in both Tagalog and English
- Director and Cast interviews
- Featurettes on writing, directing, research, and shooting by director/screenwriter John Sayles
- Access to exclusive online content
- And much more
The cost of the scholastic DVD will be $299.99, and we would be happy to keep in touch with you about how to purchase it in the fall. If you’d like to be kept up to date about the scholastic DVD release, just subscribe to our Mailing List by clicking here.
If you would prefer to wait for the commercial edition and buy the DVD at the standard consumer price, we expect that release in 2013. Of course there will be special features on the consumer edition as well, but we aren’t ready to reveal what those are juuuuust yet.